A very special Child Dedication Ceremony was enjoyed on Sunday, March 23, by so many wonderful families! Parker Hill Family Ministries is excited to have these new families to partner with for many years ahead as these youngest attenders grow into the special people God has designed them to be!
The next Child Dedication event at Parker Hill will take place on March 22, 2015, at 1 pm, at all three campuses.
The class in preparation for this event will take place on Monday, March 2, at 6:30 pm.
What Baby/Child Dedication Is
An opportunity for parents to…
- publicly affirm their commitment to raise their child up in the way of the Lord, according to Scripture (Deuteronomy 6:1-9).
- dedicate their child and their parenting to God (Proverbs 22:6).
- give God the credit for the creation and gift of the life of their child (I Samuel 1:21-27, Psalm 127).
- publicly dedicate their child before God, understanding they are stewards of this young life (Matthew 19:13-15).
An opportunity for the church family to…
- celebrate with the parents over God’s gift of their child.
- affirm their commitment to supporting the parents in raising their child in a way that honors God.
What Baby/Child Dedication Is Not
Child dedication is not a christening or baptism. The Bible shows no examples of, nor does it ever command or approve of, infant baptism. On the contrary, only those who have made a personal and conscious decision to follow Christ are to be baptized. All examples of baptism in the Bible result from the subsequent personal decision of the individual to follow Christ (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38, 16:30-33). We understand baptism to be the public expression of an individual’s personal decision to follow Christ (Acts 8:30-39). There is no scriptural evidence that baptism plays any part in imparting salvation to the participant.
For more information on student & kidz baptism at PHCC, please click HERE.
Why a Dedication Class
Child dedication is an oath before God. To stand and make an oath before God is no small matter and is not to be taken lightly. In the case of child dedication, an oath of no less than 18 years is being made – an oath that will realign every area of your life, including your calendar, budget, priorities, pursuits, and passions.
For this reason, it is imperative to have an opportunity to dialogue about what this oath might mean. Child dedication is not offering our own strategic parenting plan to God; rather it is submitting us to His parenting plan, values, and goals.
At PHCC, it is our desire to communicate how we have strategically positioned ourselves to assist you in the parenting journey by being your greatest champion, valuable resource, and life-long partner.
During the dedication class we focus on the important pursuit of parenting by looking at the following topics:
- 5 Ways God Grows His People
- Immerse, Fuse, Radiate for Kids
- How to Think Orange