Our Child Dedication Ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 3 at all three campuses at 1:00 PM
Parker Hill Family Ministries is excited to partner with your family as your young attenders grow into the special people God has designed them to be!
The class in preparation for this event will take place on Monday, March 30 at 6:30 PM at every campus.
What Baby/Child Dedication Is
An opportunity for parents to…
- publicly affirm their commitment to raise their child up in the way of the Lord, according to Scripture (Deuteronomy 6:1-9).
- dedicate their child and their parenting to God (Proverbs 22:6).
- give God the credit for the creation and gift of the life of their child (I Samuel 1:21-27, Psalm 127).
- publicly dedicate their child before God, understanding they are stewards of this young life (Matthew 19:13-15).
An opportunity for the church family to…
- celebrate with the parents over God’s gift of their child.
- affirm their commitment to supporting the parents in raising their child in a way that honors God.
What Baby/Child Dedication Is Not
Child dedication is not a christening or baptism. We believe that only those who have made a personal and conscious decision to follow Christ are to be baptized. All examples of baptism in the Bible result from the personal decision of the individual to follow Christ (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38, 16:30-33). We understand baptism to be the public expression of an individual’s personal decision to follow Christ (Acts 8:30-39). There is no scriptural evidence that baptism plays any part in imparting salvation to the participant.
For more information on student & kidz baptism at PHCC, please click HERE.
Why a Dedication Class
Child dedication is a promise that a parent and significant mentors make to a child to help them find the way back to God. It’s a promise that as parents and mentors we will realign every area of your life, including your calendar, budget, priorities, pursuits, and passions to point this child to the person of Jesus Christ.
Child dedication is about submitting to God’s parenting plan, values, and goals.
At PHCC, it is our desire to communicate how we have strategically positioned ourselves to assist you in the parenting journey by being your greatest champion, valuable resource, and life-long partner.
During the dedication class we focus on the important pursuit of parenting by looking at the following topics:
- Making the most of your time
- Widening the circle
- Shaping your child’s identity